Ethics Across Campus
Mines Ethics Across Campus program is somewhat non-traditional: most universities have “Ethics Across the Curriculum,” which (obviously) focuses on classroom pedagogy and activities. Mines envisions the role of ethics somewhat differently; we strive to foster an atmosphere of integrity in all facets of campus life.
To that end, EAC sponsors and/or members are involved in
- evaluating and promoting Responsible Conduct of Research training
- revising the Mines Academic Misconduct procedure
- coaching the Mines Ethics Bowl Team (supporting team travel, also)
- the Institutional Membership in the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- the award for “Best Graduate Student Paper” at the APPE annual conference
- adding resources to the Daniels Fund Professional Ethics Library
- research on ethics pedagogies
- initiating the “Ask A Philosopher” tent
EAC is dedicated to cultivating a culture of both rigorous academic training and innovative activities and pedagogies. If you have suggestions for ways to improve the campus culture, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
News and Events
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid